Salivix Pastilles is recommended for the symptomatic treatment of:
1. Dry mouth burning sensation or soreness in your mouth
2. Dry mouth due to some medicine
3. Dry lips
4. Bad breath (halitosis)
5. A decreased or altered sense of taste
6. Recurrent mouth infections, such as oral thrush
7. Increased incidence of tooth decay or gum disease
8. Difficulty in speaking, eating or swallowing
What are Salivix Pastilles?
Salivix Plus Dry Mouth Pastilles are designed to help to ease a dry mouth, by stimulating your salivary gland and provide hydration when you need it most. These pastilles are sugar-free and contain fluoride, perfect for those who find that sucking sweets or chewing gum help to ease their dry mouth but are worried about tooth decay. These pastilles are tutti frutti flavoured and perfect for anyone over the age of 12.
Why do I have a dry mouth?
There are lots of reasons why you may have a dry mouth, and it usually isn’t anything to worry about, even if it is irritating. A dry mouth will usually go away by itself but sucking on sugar-free sweets or pastilles and drinking plenty of water can help to ease your symptoms. Some of the most common causes of a dry mouth include:
• Dehydration - Through not drinking enough, sweating a lot or being ill
• Some medication – Check the patient information leaflet to see if dry mouth is a side effect of any medication you may be taking
• Breathing through your mouth when you sleep – This can happen if you have a blocked nose or if you sleep with your mouth open
• Anxiety, stress, and other similar conditions – Stress and anxiety can reduce the flow of saliva in your mouth
• Cancer treatment, e.g. radiotherapy, chemotherapy – Such treatments can damage the saliva glands or make saliva thicker
• Some medical conditions, e.g. diabetes, Sjogren’s syndrome
How will Salivix Pastilles help to relieve my dry mouth?
Salivix Plus pastilles help to relieve a dry mouth by stimulating your salivary gland. When you suck on a pastille, this encourages your body to produce the saliva it would need to help you digest your food, hydrating your mouth naturally. As well as this, Salivix contains fluoride, which can help to prevent tooth decay, making these pastilles ideal for those who want to ease their dry mouth and help protect their teeth.
How to take these pastilles
Take one pastille when you’re suffering from dry mouth. Slowly suck on one pastille until it has dissolved, to stimulate saliva production. Do not swallow whole.
When should this product not be used?
Salivix Pastilles are not suitable for children under the age of 12. Do not use this product if you are allergic to fluoride or any of the other listed ingredients. If you experience any irritation or unwanted effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or pharmacist right away. Read the patient information leaflet included with this product carefully before use.
How to store this product
Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use this product if the expiry date printed on the original packaging has passed. Keep out of sight and reach of children.
This product is a medical device; make sure to speak to your doctor or MednKare pharmacist before taking this product if you have an underlying medical problem or are taking any other medicine or complementary therapy. If your symptoms get worse or continue after taking this product, contact us or your doctor.
If you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, speak to your doctor or our pharmacist before taking this product. If you suffer from any allergies, ask your doctor or our pharmacist if this medicine is right for you.
Store all medicines out of sight and reach of children.
Please read the included leaflet carefully before using this product.